Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Gamer Interviews: Ryan "HotShot" Keys




First I think the world needs to know who you are and why they should know you so tell us you name, gamer tag and a little about yourself?


My name is Ryan "HotShot" Keys I am 18 years old from land down under(Australia). I started playing games at the age of 4 and have been playing games ever since. I also started getting involved in eSports about 6 years ago.

What games do you take professionally? Genre and game?
First Person Shooters and Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 3

Would you consider moving to other genres like third person shooters?
Yes I would love to do that, I always wanted to try different games.

Do you play for a league or your playing pro bono?
I currently am the Team Manager of Conflict.AU which hopefully will be changing soon, I don't play professional at this game.

What’s your favorite thing about the competitive scene?
The players and the enjoyment of just being involved in the community, It is great to see so many players getting together online and at LANS just to compete in an open space and it is very easy to make friends.

What do you feel makes a professional player? Determination, skill or anything in between?
Skill is the main thing as you need your shot on to kill anyone, team work is a main key so that you can give callouts to your team mates to go to places and also where the enemy's might be, maturity as well.

Being in the tournament scene do you feel your community is teamwork based or everyone out for themselves based?
Yes it is teamwork based as you must be a mature player and also know were you are before you can go anywhere big as not having the right teamwork can get you nowhere

Do you feel welcomed or at home in your community?
Yes I do, I have been in this community for a long time and I got my name out there a lot.

Where do you usually go for tournaments?
Mainly ACLPRO as there the main tournaments but there are others like ESL,ESGN.

How would you describe your preparations for a competition?
We have swapped around our roster and were should be coming in very strong at next LAN.

Any dream team or sponsor you wish to be on?
Team Evil Geniuses or Team Immunity

When did you realize you wanted to be in the pro circuit?
I realized when I started becoming more into organisations and going around the ranks and become a Team Manager and it has been my job ever since.

What system do you prefer Xbox360 or Ps3 and why?
Xbox360 because I prefer the controllers as there more bigger then PS3 ones.



My Awesome Podcast!!

And check out Hotshot:
http://www.cybergamer.com.au/profile/26106/

No comments:

Post a Comment