Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Guardians of the Galaxy advice from Joss Whedon


Joss Whedon has some advice on the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy film, regarding how the universe should be and where the direction of the film should go:


“I’ve talked to them [Marvel] about the story from the beginning, and the different drafts. One of the questions they asked me was ‘What do you think of James Gunn?’ And I giggled like a school girl because I was like ‘Oh, this movie is going to work.’”

“My only piece of advice has been: I want to hear more of James. Let’s pull out the formula. Give me more James. Make it weirder. The only way to achieve that Star Wars vibe is not to chase it – is try to be an original universe and have all the fun and do all that stuff.

“And James is… he’s perfect for that because even I said, “A raccoon?” And James’s thing was “Here’s the deal. It’s about the raccoon. This is why I love it: because of the raccoon and the tree.” And I’m like, “Okay, that’s the guy you need.’”

James Gunn knows his movies and has the imagination to create the space universe and continuity is limitless, Guardians of the Galaxy is looking amazing and it's only great news from here until the movie is released.

More great articles on gamersbliss.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment